Scroll down for service times.
We are an Anglican Church in the anglo-catholic tradition, with rich liturgical and musical traditions and heritage. Our website will help you find out more about the life of this community. We invite you to be part of any of the services and other events happening at the Church of St Mary Magdalene.
For more information about individual events, please read our weekly announcements.
To read our current What’s On brochure (everything we have planned from New Year’s Day to Easter) please click here:
THIS WEEK AT SMM
Friday, 16 February
5.00 pm Stations of the Cross
6.00 pm Mass
* 8.00 pm Willan 50 Concert
Saturday, 17 February
10.00 am Mass
Sunday, 18 February – Lent I
8.00 am Said Mass
9.30 am Sung Mass (All-Ages)
11.00 am Litany in Procession & Solemn Mass
- Prelude Healey Willan, Prelude & fughetta
- Mass Healey Willan, Missa brevis II
- Motet Healey Willan, Ave verum corpus
- Postlude Healey Willan, Prelude & fugue in G minor
4.30 pm Solemn Evensong & Benediction (Choir Reunion)
- Introit Healey Willan, Preserve us, O Lord
- Canticles Healey Willan, Plainsong with fauxbourdons
- Motet Healey Willan, Very bread, good shepherd
- Postlude Healey Willan, Ecce jam noctis
(Choir Reunion info:
2.00-3.00 pm Arrive/Meet & Greet
3.00-4.00 pm Rehearsal
4.30 pm Evensong)
Sunday, 25 February – Lent II
8.00 am Said Mass
10.00 am Solemn Parish Mass
- Prelude Johann Sebastian Bach, Ich ruf zu dir
- Mass Jacobus Gallus, Missa super Ob ich schon arm und elend bin
- Motet Thomas Ravenscroft, Remember, O thou man
- Postlude Johann Sebastian Bach, Prelude & fugue in C minor
… followed by our annual Vestry Meeting.
Daily Mass at St Mary Magdalene’s
Mass is celebrated each and every day at St Mary Magdalene’s, at the following times:
Monday 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 am followed by breakfast
Wednesday 10.00 am followed by Bible Study
Thursday 7.15 am followed by breakfast
” ” 10.00 am La Messa (Italian; Portuguese on the last Thursday of the Month)
Friday 6.00 pm
Saturday 10.00 am
On public holidays, mass is celebrated at 10.00 am.
Throughout the year we celebrate certain feast days with masses as special times. This page will help keep you up-to-date.